Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kaze No Stigma


Kaze No Stigma is the story of elemental magic users. Typically born into a specific family yields a person the ability to use a certain elemental magic. Kazuma is born into the Kannagi family, a family of fire users. Unfortunately he himself cannot control his fire magic. After a dual with his cousin to decide the heir to the family, which Kazuma loses terribly, his father disowns him and banishes him from the house.  After a couple years Kazuma returns and unexpectedly has the ability to control wind magic. As soon as he returns, Kannagi family members are murdered by wind magic and the first suspect is Kazuma. The most powerful fire magic user, kazuma’s father, makes an attempt to bring kazuma in to question him but has no luck. It is revealed that Kazuma has become a contractor. A contractor is one who has been granted a contract with a demon king of an element. The last known contractor was the first member of the Kannagi family to use fire magic, and as a result enabled the future members their abilities with fire as well. Through the series Kazuma helps Ayano, the cousin he lost his duel with, to become a worthy heir all the while dealing with his past with the family and the trouble he went through after he was banished. For as short as this series was, I am a major fan of the magic genre of anime. I enjoyed this but thought it could have been done a little better and continued for a little while longer. Certain characters had an adequate amount of development but many were lacking quite a bit, a problem which would have been solved had there been another season. Enjoy the magic!



14 comments:

  1. I could never get into this. It seemed to unoriginal and repetitive compared to other anime in this genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that this was fairly mediocre, so I never watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when good things are too short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might be a sign my inner child is dying, but yeah, thought this was sucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should check this out, I'm a sucker for elemental magic

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write very well mate. It is with great joy that I read these lines

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this one before, I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great anime, I enjoyed the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice discover! thanks for share it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elemental magic... reminds me of Blizzard, lol. They looked different there, though.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to recommend an anime to review and never be afraid to let me know what you think about my reviews. Thanks for Reading!