Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura No Toki


Short Review
This is the story of the legendary Mutsu Fighting style, the style said to have never lost a fight. It is an unarmed fighting style that is only known by a single person at a time. Passed down from father to son, this story follows three different generations of mutsu fighters.  There is very little character development in this series seeing as it is divided up into three different short stories. However I found it very interesting.  It focuses almost solely on fighting, but throws in a little bit of a storyline to connect it all. The mutsu fighters all typically share the same characteristics and lifestyle, along with their ideals. Each ends up falling in love with a female companion whom they had just recently met, and that is when the next story starts. This could have been done with more detail and spread out to allow more character development and a better story line, but I think they did this on purpose to avoid a long drawn out series that most likely would have eventually been cut short. Check it out if you want a quick series to watch and just want to see some good unarmed vs. sword fights. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. It might be interesting to watch a show with mostly fighting! I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this, I might go check it out next time im in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might not be my style of anime, but good review either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard about this one before. I can't say I'm all that interested in a fight-focused series but I might as well give it a shot and see if I like it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to recommend an anime to review and never be afraid to let me know what you think about my reviews. Thanks for Reading!