Thursday, January 5, 2012

High School of the Dead

High School of the Dead begins as the story of an average teenage boy with girl problems, however it quickly changes as he witnesses a teacher being murdered in a graphic manner. As quick as he could, he runs and grabs the girl he thinks hes in love with and pulls her boyfriend/his best friend along with them. Soon they all realize that it is not normal people doing the killing when the dead begin to stand back up and start killing too. The three of them get stranded on the roof of the school, however the best friend was wounded and begins to show signs of turning into one of the undead. The main character is forced to kill his friend. The two of them then meet up with fellow classmates and attempt to make it to each of their homes to check on their families as they learn that the sickness is not something localized but an overnight global pandemic. This anime shows great promise for the zombie genre and I am still hoping they bring out a second season. The show ended on a point that was wide open to continue the story. It was very disappointing with nothing resolved. I’m not quite sure what happened or why it ended so abruptly, but like I said it showed great promise.  Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about this anime. I really need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to check this one out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the typical killing/zombie anime! I won't get into it unless they make a second season, because I will die in anticipation with the ending you described.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw the show, it didnt capture me as i expected after reading most of the manga, hopefully fans can grab and see the manga to enjoy it deeper =D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to recommend an anime to review and never be afraid to let me know what you think about my reviews. Thanks for Reading!